How do I make header scroll bars go away?

Shannyn Johnson October 30, 2019

Hi everyone!

When I am creating content with headers, they seem to not scale the section size correctly and then have these unsightly scroll bars to the right. I know a workaround would be to manually add an additional space below or not have the header in its own section, but is there anything I can do to to make these go away forever? Picture below. 

Scroll bar.png

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2019

Hello Shannyn,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community to report your issue with scroll bars displaying with header content. To understand a bit more we’ll need to know or see some additional information around the issue. If possible, could you please include an example page screenshot so we may see how to recreate this issue?

Additionally, could you please let us know if you’re using the new editor or the legacy editor as well?

We look forward to hearing back to understand what's causing this and to attempt to recreate the issue.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Shannyn Johnson November 5, 2019

Hi Stephen, 

I am using the legacy editor. I haven't yet tested this on the new editor. To recreate the issue you can use Heading 1 or 2 in its own section and publish the page. Pictures show the sections in edit mode and then when published. image.pngimage.png

Like Stephen Sifers likes this
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2019

Hello Shannyn,

Thank you for taking the time to create an example and provide your screenshot. I attempted to recreate the issue within Confluence Cloud and was unsuccessful in doing so with the Chrome Browser (78.0.3904). I did have a single scroll bar show up for Firefox 70.0.1. Within Firefox I was only able to see the issue while using Header 1, using any other header level did not yield a scrollbar.

This looks to possibly be an issue with the browser and its ability to render the Header within the section macro. I was able to locate a bug request for this issue which may be found at CONFCLOUD-65527 and CONFSERVER-55213. If this is the issue you’re experiencing then please vote and watch the appropriate request to review updates to its status.

Thanks again for reporting this issue within the Community!

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events