How do I keep Confluence running after logging off of the server?

I have just finished installing Confluence 3.5.7 on a Windows Server 2008 R2 using a SQL database. Now that I am done with the installation, I want to log off of the server. But when I log off, it closes open programs, including the Tomcat window.

So my question is, How do I log off of my server without the Confluence website shutting down?

3 answers

You need to install Confluence as a Windows Service.

A quick way to do it is to use service.bat in /bin

I tried the instructions on http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Start+Confluence+Automatically+on+Windows+as+a+Service.

But I get a message saying that:

Windows could not start the Apache Tomcat Confluence on Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 0.

David Simpson Community Champion Jul 20, 2011

Are you running the 64bit version of Java? If so, you'll need to update the bundled services fro the 32bit version.

Did you check the Confluence (error) logs?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

1,020 views 23 13
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you