Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I format Confluence template variable?

Deleted user August 14, 2013

Hello, I have a template, I would like the text inserted as a variable be formatted, even as simply as bolded. I have tried to put $var between ** but as much as it does bold the text it leaves the * tags as well.. I will really appreciate help.

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
dT September 9, 2013

Hi Piotr,

It is possible to add the formatting, but certainly not obvious! I successfully made some template-variable text bold by the following method:

1. Add the template variable in the template Editor screen
  2. Select the variable placeholder by dragging the cursor over the variable (the same way that you would select any text)
  3. Press the bold button in the toolbar.
  4. No feedback! You can't tell that the variable is "bold" by looking at it, but if you're familiar with inspecting DOM elements in a browser you can see that the Editor source has been updated to put "strong" (bold) tags around the variable placeholder in the HTML.
  5. Save the template and start creating a new page from it via the Create dialog (as usual)
  6. Enter the variable's value in the Page Template Wizard and press the Next button
  7. In the Editor you can see that the text you added is bold, and if you save the page the formatting is applied.

The variable placeholder in the Editor needs to be improved so that when formatting is applied, the formatting button/value in the toolbar accurately represents the state of the placeholder.

Deleted user September 10, 2013

I will try it out, thanks!

0 votes
Deleted user September 5, 2013

It is OnDemand, so Confluence 5.3-OD-4.

0 votes
Sean King
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2013

What version of confluence?

0 votes
Sean King
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2013

What version of confluence?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events