How do I disable Blog-Entry and empty page?

Sophia Wagner January 31, 2018

Hi! How do I disable the "Empty page" and the "blog entry" templates? I can not finde these anywhere.

1 answer

1 vote
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2018

Okay, so you want to achieve two things here:

• users not being able to create blog posts (and use the blog at all)
  • users should only be able to use pre-defined page templates

Correct? Are you running on Server or Cloud?

Best,

Max

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2018

If you're running on Server, have a look at this app in the Marketplace: Template for Blog Posts

Can't try it right now but would have a look at it tomorrow. I'm very, very sure there is no easy way to accomplish what you want as it is not intended to disable that features as you like. And by the way, depending on why you want to disable the templates. Users can still just remove every content and save an empty page. And pressing "C" is still fixed for creating an empty page. Not sure what happens in combination with the app though. Is there any reason why just promoting other templates would not solve the second bullet point?

Best,

Max

Sophia Wagner February 5, 2018

Thanks so muh for the answer!

Sophia

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events