How do I delete multiple spaces in the Confluence cloud

Shiv Sharma January 5, 2022

We are in the process of migrating to the cloud and as a part of testing I need to do test migration multiple times. Each time I need to cleanup the current contents of the cloud confluence site and then do the migration. Deleting so many Spaces one at a time is a lot of work. I also don't want to delete the whole site because it has other products. Is there an option to select multiple (or all) spaces and press delete?

Thanks so much for your help!

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2022

@Shiv Sharma I have been doing some research on this, but it does not appear that this action is allowed in Confluence. This makes sense as deleting multiple spaces at a time could potentially tank an entire site. There is a good amount of effort required to delete even a single space - to prevent inadvertent deletions.

My question is why you wouldn't migrate the Spaces you do need for your test to a new site, and complete the migration testing from that site? This would allow you to preserve your current site as-is, but have a site available with your content for migration testing.

Shiv Sharma January 5, 2022

Thanks for your response Andy. I agree with you that deleting a space is a risky operation. I'll not need a bulk delete once our Server site is migrated to the cloud. 

We only have one cloud site that will become our production environment after testing. Do you mean to say that we can have an additional site for testing purposes?

Thanks! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events