Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create public access that...

Weekseee August 15, 2016

displays (a) a specific space, (b) defaults to a page I define, (c) No updates visible, (d) no 'DISCOVER' or 'MY WORK' sections visible, and (e) no 'created by' notes visible?

1 answer

0 votes
darrenpegg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2016

Hi Simon,

Using Atlassian cloud you are limited.. You would need to disable addons via the Dashboard Macro list which only Atlassian can do.  Though this reflect across Confluence for everyone so probably not ideal.

You maybe better of creating a page and configuring that and make that the default landing page, after enabling Anonymous access via global permissions and then allowing public access to that space via the space permissions. It will not matter if you have several public facing spaces as you will have enabled a space via Confluence Administration > Further Administration and edit via a select list.  Though it will display the landing/home page of that space. If you don't want anyone to access anything underneath, page restrictions should be added = painful.

You could possibly put a script in the look and feel section within space admin to hide macros etc but I've only managed in the past through a need of a client to hide and put macros into side bar, but not sure if it can be made to be clever so that it will check for user access so that users can see and anonymous users cannot to keep the stuff you want above in for internal users..

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events