How do I copy an existing confluence template and modify it. Coping and pasting is not working.

Jane Roberts July 17, 2018

I currently have a template and want to make a very similar one for a different purpose. Would save time if I can copy an existing one and then make changes to it. I tried to click Edit on the existing ctrl A and Ctrl C and paste it in a new template and it is not working. 

2 answers

1 vote
Thiago Ribeiro [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2018

On the Create Pop Up screen you will have the option to Add or Customise a template for the space you are in, the it will show you the Templates for the Space.

There you can edit a Template or Create a new one.

Jane Roberts July 23, 2018

When I click on CREATE NEW TEMPLATE it does not pop up with that option. Wonder if we have a different version.

Like ammacdon likes this
0 votes
Emily Errico July 17, 2018

Do you have page layout elements in the original template? Ctrl+A will only grab all the content in the section selected. In that case, you'll have to manually create the page layout you desire on the new template, and then copy and paste from each section in the original. 

Jane Roberts July 23, 2018

Thank you.. I did grab a piece at a time and that worked. Hard to believe there is not an easy copy of template option. 

Like # people like this
Emily Errico July 24, 2018

It is a bit annoying but I've found that copy and pasting between pages can cause even more problems (incorrect links, broken images, broken headers), so it's a small price to pay.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events