Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I archive a confluence space that was created by Jira? Edited

I somehow accidentally created a Confluence space connected to one of my Jira projects. I want to archive that space but every time I go to Confluence and hit archive space from the Space settings, it presents the toast message confirming that it's archived but still remains in the list of spaces.

I've also tried disabling the Confluence feature on the Jira project but that doesn't do anything either. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 4.18.08 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-09 at 4.19.05 PM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Ismael Jimoh Community Leader Jul 09, 2021

Hi @roxanne chang 

With the above, archiving means the space and its contents are suppressed in a search. It doesn’t mean it cannot be accessed or wouldn’t be seen.

Hence, if the space isn’t needed at all then I’ll suggest just deleting the space to avoid confusion.

Regards.

I would have expected it to be removed/hidden on the main list of Spaces in the way that happens when I archive a space that was created in Confluence itself.

Ismael Jimoh Community Leader Jul 24, 2021

Unfortunately, archive doesn’t provide this functionality.

Read more about confluence archiving here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeval/confluence-evaluator-resources/confluence-archiving-content

Regards

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

👁‍🗨 Confluence Team planning dashboard_Atlympics 🌈

Hi Atlassian's, How is your journey with #Atlympics 2021 so far....excited! Me too, same excitement. Here's my typical team planning and vision dashboard which I used to share to my management and ...

121 views 1 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you