Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I archive a confluence space that was created by Jira?

roxanne chang July 9, 2021

I somehow accidentally created a Confluence space connected to one of my Jira projects. I want to archive that space but every time I go to Confluence and hit archive space from the Space settings, it presents the toast message confirming that it's archived but still remains in the list of spaces.

I've also tried disabling the Confluence feature on the Jira project but that doesn't do anything either. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 4.18.08 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-09 at 4.19.05 PM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2021

Hi @roxanne chang 

With the above, archiving means the space and its contents are suppressed in a search. It doesn’t mean it cannot be accessed or wouldn’t be seen.

Hence, if the space isn’t needed at all then I’ll suggest just deleting the space to avoid confusion.

Regards.

roxanne chang July 14, 2021

I would have expected it to be removed/hidden on the main list of Spaces in the way that happens when I archive a space that was created in Confluence itself.

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2021

Unfortunately, archive doesn’t provide this functionality.

Read more about confluence archiving here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeval/confluence-evaluator-resources/confluence-archiving-content

Regards

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events