How do I allow included content to display for specific groups?

Jeff Scattini June 13, 2016

I have a group of users who can only see a subset of the content within my wiki. However, the content is being pulled from the rest of the wiki.

For content reuse, I've created a new space for this group and have used the Include, Excerpt, and Multi-excerpt macros to display the content. 

I've set the space permissions so that the subset group only has permission to view their unique space with the included content and they cannot view content in the rest of the wiki. However, in order for the group to view the included content, they must have permission to view the source space. If they have permission to view the source space, they can then see all of the content that we wanted to hide from them in the first place. 

All groups must be behind a username/password authentication. We do not allow anonymous access. 

I've been looking at using the Visibility macro to modify individual chunks of content within an included page (links and the like) but it doesn't seem like I can use it to specify entire pages from restricted spaces, can I?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2016

You could create a third space that both spaces will pull from. Or if you are ok with the non-locked down users being able to see the locked down space you could house the content in the locked down space and include it into the non locked down space.

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2016

The trick is to allow everyone to view the space, while locking down the individual pages to only those that need to see that information.

It might require the breaking up of pages with multiple excerpts.

Jeff Scattini June 13, 2016

I was afraid of that. 

In my mind, I have this beautiful image of content from multiple, locked down spaces flowing into a single repository that my specialized group can see and all other content is wiped from their experience. 

However, I have a feeling I'll need to do it backwards and hold the needed content in the group space and then reference that from the other, restricted (and more used) spaces. 

Thanks for the answer!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events