Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add a column of notes to the right of a Jira Filter list in Confluence?

Antonio Mazzarelli November 26, 2018

I have a JIRA filter displaying a list of issues from a saved JIRA filter.  I want to add a column to the right of the listing with my personal notes. 

My list has 86 issues that I'm tracking in JIRA.  Various people are updating and closing them.  I want a column off to the right where I can add my personal notes.  Notes I don't necessarily want to add to the JIRA record itself. 

For example, 20 of the 86 issues are currently closed.  I've reviewed the closed issues and I agree that 18 are properly closed.  But I have questions on 2 of them, so I want to track my thoughts.  As each of the 86 issues are closed, I will be "verifying" properly closure and keeping my personal notes on this Confluence page. 

Thanks.

2 answers

1 vote
Alyssa Hill April 12, 2023

Hi, I am trying to do the exact same thing and stumbled upon your post. Did you end up finding a system that works? I currently make a table and individually insert the issues, but that is a lot to track. I was hoping a Jira Filter could streamline the process, but still allow me to add notes (outside of making comments on the issue itself).

Katerina Rudkovskaya _Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 13, 2023

Hi @Alyssa Hill,

If you have our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app installed for your instance, you may use its Table Transformer macro as a workaround.

The idea is described into the second part of this Community thread – please find the Jira Issues macro on the screenshot and take a look.

Like # people like this
1 vote
Lizzie_Rogers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2018

If you are using the jira filter macro, you won't be able to put line by line edits to one side.  If you built a table, you could add individual jira issues and make notes in the next column. 

You could also create a section below the macro with notes, and just put the jira key in front of each note.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events