How can you modify the space key of a space?

gmchen July 14, 2011

How can you modify the space key of a space?

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Penny Wyatt (On Leave to July 2021)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2011

Although this feature isn't currently supported in Confluence, there is a workaround documented here - http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Copy+Or+Rename+A+Space

0 votes
calvin_dike June 26, 2019

here

You can use this to change the space key.

Copy the space with this plugin. While copying the space you'll be prompted to type in the name of the space and space key. After changing those, export the space you copied with the new space key and import it to the confluence instance you want.

Download the Copy Space for Confluence plugin and install it

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/212/copy-space-for-confluence?hosting=server&tab=overview

For manual installation;

Administration > Global configuration > Manage add-ons > Upload add-on > browse (select the jar file you downloaded) > Upload

To use plugin;

Spaces > Space directory > click on the space you want > Space tools > Content Tools > Apps > type in new space name and key (you can check the boxes to copy the options specified) > Save

Your Space Directory should have your copied  space with the new name and space key. Now you can delete the space with the old name. 

0 votes
Emily Johnson July 18, 2011

Hi All,

I'm trying to find a way to redirect anyone going to the old URLs to the new URLs. Anyone know of a space-wide redirect option? Do I have to put the redirect macro on every page?

Thanks,

Emily

0 votes
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2011

One word of warning having gone through this a couple of times, make the old space read-only for a period of time before you delete it. I've had some issues with content after a move being odd and the data owner needing the originals.

0 votes
gmchen July 14, 2011

copy to a new space, set the new spacename and new spacekey.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events