How can you copy paste multi-page PDF table

If I select a large table from a PDF opened in Adobe reader and paste it into the Confluence editor, it seems like only the first page is copied. If I paste into some other program, the entire contents of the table are pasted. Is this an editor bug or am I missing some trick?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Davin Studer Community Champion Oct 27, 2013

This is probably not ideal, but your can open the PDF using Word (if you have it) and then cut and paste into the editor. I cannot get it to work correctly for long PDF files as well ... no matter which PDF viewer I use (Acrobat, Foxit, Chrome, Firefox). But if I open it with Word it converts it and then I can cut and paste the whole thing.

Thanks. I don't have word handy and doesn't seem to work with Open Office.

0 vote

Davin has it right! Just saved me hours of work. I needed to copy a few hundred pages long table from pdf to Excel. Even when I would select all (Crtl-a) in the pdf, if I tried to copy the data as a table, it would only paste one page at a time. To fix this problem, I first selected: View - Page Display - Single Page Continuous, then: File - Export - Word Document. The table was copied as a table into MS Word and then I copied that over to Excel. After a little re-formatting, I was done! Thank you, @Davin Studer!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

357 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you