How can you copy paste multi-page PDF table

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2013

If I select a large table from a PDF opened in Adobe reader and paste it into the Confluence editor, it seems like only the first page is copied. If I paste into some other program, the entire contents of the table are pasted. Is this an editor bug or am I missing some trick?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2013

This is probably not ideal, but your can open the PDF using Word (if you have it) and then cut and paste into the editor. I cannot get it to work correctly for long PDF files as well ... no matter which PDF viewer I use (Acrobat, Foxit, Chrome, Firefox). But if I open it with Word it converts it and then I can cut and paste the whole thing.

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 2, 2013

Thanks. I don't have word handy and doesn't seem to work with Open Office.

0 votes
Jennifer Todd
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 28, 2018

Davin has it right! Just saved me hours of work. I needed to copy a few hundred pages long table from pdf to Excel. Even when I would select all (Crtl-a) in the pdf, if I tried to copy the data as a table, it would only paste one page at a time. To fix this problem, I first selected: View - Page Display - Single Page Continuous, then: File - Export - Word Document. The table was copied as a table into MS Word and then I copied that over to Excel. After a little re-formatting, I was done! Thank you, @Davin Studer!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events