How can you MOVE an existing page so it is an orphan and no longer shows in the left panel navigation tree?

Wendy Podgursky August 2, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: How to hide pages from showing on the left panel navigation tree in Confluence

The information in this howto is great for new pages, however how can you MOVE an existing page so it is an orphan and no longer shows in the left panel navigation tree?

2 answers

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2016

You can perform a Move function and refrain from selecting a Parent Page or you can use the Space ToolsReorder Pages function to drag the page out and above the page structure.

Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2016

Or select Browse>Pages and choose Tree view.  Then you just drag the page above the Home page.

But I agree with Sandy, it seems a weird thing to want to do.

If you want to hide this page from other Users, just select Page Restrictions to only you in the View list - select Ellipsis (three dots) > Page Restrictions and choose just yourself (and/or others) to add to the Restricted Viewer list - those people will still see it in the left navigation pane but no-one else

Wendy Podgursky January 5, 2017

Thanks Rodney - moving it above the home page did the trick for me. Perfect for 'hiding'  pages that house include content, footers etc so they don't appear in the sidebar or pagetree macros. 

Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2017

Just remember that they do exist as the only way you can see the pages above the Home page is via the Browse>Pages

That is why I prefer the Page Restrictions as they remain visible to me in the side navigation pane but not visible by others

0 votes
Sandy Johnson August 2, 2016

The question really is why would want to do this? Is it that you don't want your users to have access to these pages? If so, you can restrict access to those pages, you can move them to another space to which they don't have access (e.g. your personal space).

Wendy Podgursky January 5, 2017

Hey Sandy,

We are using one of our spaces to host user documentation and allowing anonymous access. I wanted to prevent some pages (footers, pages with reusable include content) from appearing in the sidebar or in pagetree macros - looks more professional and makes the site easier to navigate IMHO. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events