How can users share articles from Internet sites to a Confluence blog easily?

Lance Tost September 5, 2012

I would like to be able to share articles from Internet sites to my Confluence blog easily. Similar to sharing to facebook, google+, linkedin, etc. But for those, the site hosting the article provides a button to link you over to the target site and share the article. What I want is some way of doing the same, but for my internal Confluence site. I'm thinking something like the "bookmarklet" (not sure if that's the correct term) that is provided to add weblinks as part of the Social Bookmarking plugin.

Right now, I create a blog entry and use html-include to include a printer-ready version of the article if one exists and then I add comments above or below. Would be great to automate that with a bookmarklet or something though.

1 answer

0 votes
Amalia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2012

You can go to Layouts page in either Confluence Admin or Space Admin. Click "Create Custom" or "Edit" for BlogPost Layout. In this layout, you can add the bookmarlet code that you have. Make sure that you add the code between the #if and #elseif statement:

#if ($mode == "view")

Add the code here between these lines

#elseif ($mode == "edit" || $mode == "edit-preview")

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events