Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can edit value in label custom field

Alvin Leroy Steagall December 29, 2021

How can I edit the value of this label field, I want to change the name "Chamado" to "Atacadão" and "Demanda" to "CotaBest"

Labels fields.png

3 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2021

Hello @Alvin Leroy Steagall ,

1. First Find all the issues with the Label =Chamado --> Project ="project Name" and Label =Chamado

2. Bulk operation

3. Edit Issues

4. Select Change Labels --> select "Add to existing"

image.png

add the new label as "Atacadão"

Save changes and do the bulk edit.

after adding the JQL showing as below

image.png

Now again  do "bulk operation"

image.png

image.png

image.png

choose the above settings

image.png

Click on confirm

image.png

Acknowledge as the above.

image.png

Now you can search with Old Label, No results shown and try with the new Label as above you will able to see with the same two issues with the new label.

I hope the above helps you.

Thanks

Alvin Leroy Steagall December 29, 2021

Thank you very Much !!!!

1 vote
Answer accepted
Oliver Siebenmarck _Polymetis Apps_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2021

Hi @Alvin Leroy Steagall ,

There are multiple options to do this and @KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH already showed you the quickest one without any extra apps. 

However, if you find that you need to perform this label renaming more often – say because users mis-spell labels or keep reusing the old ones – there is an app that makes the whole process a lot easier. It's called Project Labels and allows you to rename, merge and even completely remove labels.

Finally, if you just want to get an idea of the amount of labels in your instances: This article got you covered:
https://medium.com/jodocus-blog/how-to-generate-a-list-of-all-labels-in-a-jira-instance-451aa57db5fd

Hope that helps,
Oliver

Full disclosure: I work for Jodocus, the Marketplace Partner behind Project Labels. Let me know if you need any help getting started or have any questions or feedback.

Alvin Leroy Steagall December 30, 2021

Thank you very much

0 votes
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2021

@Alvin Leroy Steagall you posted in the Confluence Group, but your question is in Jira. I recommend you post this in that group to gather the appropriate feedback and answer for your inquiry.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events