How can a Conflunce Admin change a users avatar?

Randall Fisher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2014

From reading thru the multiple requests for Confluence to add this feature, I'm assuming it is not part of the standard feature set, and I'll have to hack into something on the back end.

My specific case is, I have a user that no longer works here, they have set there avatar to something inappropriate, and we do want to retain the comments and docs this user has created over the years.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2014

Hi Randall,

As mentioned above by Eduard, it is not possible to do it with an out of the box Confluence installation. However we do have an improvement request in our tracking system here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-14368

Please vote on it and address your concern directly into it. Hope it clarifies.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra 

2 votes
Ed Letifov _TechTime - New Zealand_
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2014

Install SU plugin for Confluence, switch to that user, change the avatar.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.javahollic.confluence.confluencesu

On another note - if the user no longer works at your place, what's wrong with changing the password and going under their name? Or is the user disabled? If so, SU won't help you - you will need to activate the user while you are changing their avatar.

1 vote
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 26, 2014

I have an open source utility that I created that uses Confluence's API's to upload the profile photo to a user. Below is the address.

https://bitbucket.org/fredclown/confluence-profile-photo-uploader

Matt Shelton September 28, 2014

+1 .. I've used this for the past year or so with great success. (Thanks Davin!)

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 23, 2015

I just released v1.1.0.0 of the profile photo uploader. It does better face detection and cropping, has a version checker, and a test harness to see how the system will crop and resize your photos.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events