Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I see the relation between the detached comment and the related highlighted text?

mugurel_matei April 26, 2022

Hi!

I have an issue with comments related to highlighted text.

I am not able to follow them. When I receive a notification the comment is at the bottom of the page without any connection to the text.

How can I see the relation between the detached comment and the related text?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2022

I am not sure I understand the problem you have here.

Confluence has two types of comment - I currently call them "inline comments" and "page comments", but I really like your choice of "detached comments" - the page comments are clearly detached from any content, only referring to the whole page.

But I think you may have answered your own question - "the relation between the detached comment and the related text?".  There is no relationship because the comment is detached from the content.

Rather than muddle around with how it works now, could we explore how you would like it to work?

mugurel_matei April 26, 2022

I am talking about inline comments. I posted a few comments. When I receive an email notification for a reply at one of them and follow the link, I see my comment at the bottom right corner and it has no reference to the text (from here the term "detached") How can I see which is the highlighted text that has triggered initialy my comment?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events