How can I require users to accept a clickthrough agreement before downloading a file via Confluence?

Ian Goldsmith February 13, 2015

We need to have users accept a legal agreement (and audit that acceptance) before they can download any file via Confluence.  Is this possible?

1 answer

2 votes
philleicht
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2015

Hey Ian,

my first shot would be to use Custom HTML and create a script using JavaScript/jQuery that registers a click on the download button of a file and display an overlay/popup with the desired content.
I think the alternative would be to develop an addon that manages the download of files and displays this agreement prior enabling the download.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Philipp

Chii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 16, 2015

a javascript display is only going to be good if the user didn't copy the download link and shared that around directly. The only way to do the agreement is via a custom plugin that takes over the download url.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events