How can I remove the "Spaces" when I am inserting a table of content

Jonathan Saldarriag April 21, 2022

I created a page and then insert the table of content, but somehow a "Spaces" line appears at the beginning and I can't figure out how to remove it. Why is this getting added automatically?

As an exercise I recreated the page in my personal space and the "Spaces" line does not appear.

I am inserting some screenshots on how it looks in one page and how it looks on my personal space.

I already make sure all the content had the same heading type. I thought that it might be that is because the page has children pages, but then I created some child pages in my personal space and that did not add the "Spaces" line.Capturespaces.PNGCapturenospaces.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2022

Hi @Jonathan Saldarriag Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What happens when you click on that 'Spaces' link? Are you redirected to the same page or another page?

Hi @Dave Mathijs

thanks for the quick reply, when I click the link, nothing happens, I stay in the same page, it does not take me to any other page and it doesn't reload the page or something. Simply nothing happens.

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2022

When you click on Edit of that page can you find any reference (with CTRL/CMD + F) to the word 'Spaces'? Or does the word 'Spaces' appear in any of the values of the fields of the Table of Contents macro?

No, no word Spaces is found in the page. Furthermore, in the table of contents macro, you can see in the preview that no "Spaces" is shown.Capture.PNG

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 21, 2022

I just noticed the word Spaces in the left sidebar under that page tree. Is that an app? Are you using Refined?

That is correct. You can see our Dashboard in this screenshot, and in particular the Space called EQS group:

Capture1.PNG

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 21, 2022

That seems to be the cause of your issue. I added the tag refined to this question, maybe the Marketplace Partner can provide a solution.

Jonathan Saldarriag May 13, 2022

Dave, I disabled the refined add-on and in fact this "spaces" went away. But if I enable the add on again, then I get the "spaces" hyperlink again.

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 13, 2022

Don't hesitate to submit a support request with Refined to get some clarification.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events