How can I remove permission to create personal and site spaces from confluence-users group?

Glen Byrne April 15, 2019

Hi,

We want to restrict the ability to create spaces to admins in our Confluence implementation (whether site spaces or personal spaces). To be clear, we want users to use site spaces, but we want to them to be set up in accordance with some "house rules" we've agreed on.

I went to Confluence-Global Permissions->Edit->Unchecked the "Personal Space" and "Site Space" tick boxes from the confluence-users group->Save all.

However, every time I do this, I get no error or warning or message, but it doesn't seem to work (the changes are not saved).

Is it possible to remove the ability for users in confluence-users to create site and personal spaces using global permissions in Confluence Cloud? Thanks,

Rgds,

Glen.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Glen Byrne April 15, 2019

Hi, sorry, before anyone bothers with this, I tried logging in and out several times, tried the process over again several times and for some reason, eventually it worked. Bit frustrating, but essentially resolved, sorry if this wastes anyone's time.

0 votes
elkrivertom October 12, 2023

I just upgraded from 8.1.0 to 8.5.2.  For some reason the confluence-users group has the Create Personal Spaces and Create Spaces permission. I do exactly as stated above and nothing happens. Very little is logged as well.

I have a small site but I need these permissions fixed. 

elkrivertom October 13, 2023

As the previous person stated, I tried again this morning and on first attempt I was able to remove the Create Space permission but the personal space permission came back. On my second attempt the personal space permission stayed off.

Odd behavior which I cannot explain.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events