Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I link one row in a table to another row if table is inside the table filter

pvsherman January 19, 2023

I would like to have this functionality:

There is a row in a table, which is surrounded by table filter macro. I need to be able to filter this table. Or search.

In that row I would like to have a link to another row: See description here

How can I do that?

Tried Anchor but it doesn't work inside the filter.

Thank you.

1 answer

1 vote
Katerina Rudkovskaya _Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 20, 2023

Hi @pvsherman,

Your issue concerns Confluence Cloud in general: the editor is based on iFrames and doesn’t support macro nesting.

Unfortunately, I don’t have any suitable workarounds. Maybe you’ll be able to reuse your source table several times with the help of the Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros and create separate filter views of the same table to make it easy-to-read and exclude anchors at all.

pvsherman January 20, 2023

I gave up on this idea. Now I'll use a separate page with Excerpts to keep reusable data.
Is there a way to organize multiple excerpts in a nice table or something like that?

Katerina Rudkovskaya _Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 20, 2023

Hi, you may use standard Confluence layouts to organize your excerpts (I mean, to place them one near another to keep your page not so long and easier to read).
Please check this part of the documentation (navigate to the "Layouts" section).

pvsherman January 20, 2023

I would love to be able to put Excerpts in a table and add alternating background color but I can't.  Layouts put them side-by-side, but I would like a one neat column.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events