How can I import a legacy space into confluence on demand?

Hendrik Sommerfeldt July 11, 2013

The Export has the creation date Jan 2011.

#Thu Jan 27 03:39:16 CET 2011
exportType=all
buildNumber=2036
backupAttachments=true

I tried to download the trials (DMG for Mac) needed for the upgrade path but they fail to download with a 404 error.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2013

Based on the information above, you have a long migration path ahead of you before you can create a backup which is usable to import into Confluence Ondemand.
First you will need to import your data into a version 3.5 of Confluence.
Then you need to upgrade this instance to version 4.3
The 4.3 version in turn needs to get upgraded to version 5.2
In the 5.2 version you can create a backup which can get imported into an OnDemand instance.

Some details on upgrading Confluence can be found here

O Dear - and how to I get the versions? Can I upgrade the DMG Mac version just like a "regular" Linux Server version? As I said, the Mac Downloads seem broken.

Jeff Curry
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 15, 2013
0 votes

does this help?

#Thu Jan 27 03:39:16 CET 2011
exportType=all
buildNumber=2036
backupAttachments=true

0 votes
MJ
Atlassian Team
July 11, 2013

If you can determin from the backup itself in which version it has been created, it might be easier to provide you with an answer on which path to take to make your Confluence data ready for importing to an OnDemand instance.

I just edited my post build is 2036 if that helps

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events