How can I get a list of all space administrators in my Confluence installation?

Brett Creech September 3, 2013

We are looking for a way to get a list of space administrators for our Confluence installation. We have 150+ individual spaces and we need to extract a list of those users who have Space Admin rights. I've seen the macro that will pull space admins for individual spaces but that does not meet my needs.

Is there any way to pull a list of anyone who has space admin privileges from any space within an installation? We're on Confluence 4.2.8.

Thanks,

Brett Creech
Educational Technologist, Purdue University

3 answers

1 vote
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 4, 2013

Hi Brett,

You should be able to do so via creating a custom user macro. You can find the full details of how to do this via this Knowledge Base article - How Do I View A List of All Space Administrators for All Spaces

Brett Creech September 5, 2013

Joe, we tried this - however our installation has ~180 spaces and I'm estimating over 50,000 users; we use Confluence as our university-wide wiki here at Purdue University. We ran the macro and it caused a lot of stress on the system.

Is there any thought to possibly have a report created that a system administrator can run that will list all spaces and space administrators? I think that would be a helpful addition to any administrator tools.

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2013
0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2013

Looks like you can do this with the Confluence REST APIs. The SpaceDirectoryEntity object has a getAdmins() method that should get you what you want.

Brett Creech September 3, 2013

Is there another option, such as using a SQL query to get this information?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events