• Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • How can I enable a user to edit certain content (a table) on a page they do not have permissions to even view? I need it to be editable from both pages... like an Excerpt Include, but editable from both sides...

How can I enable a user to edit certain content (a table) on a page they do not have permissions to even view? I need it to be editable from both pages... like an Excerpt Include, but editable from both sides...

MasSa'Seen Francis December 8, 2015

2 answers

1 vote
RVal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2015

I believe one of the options would be to use Include macro on restricted page (among other content) and include another page which is opened . Then user can edit content of opened page and the result of his edit will show up on the restricted page as well.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2015

You simply can't.  If you don't use "include" or "include-excerpt" as RVal suggests, then the fact is you have Two sets of tables to edit, and one of those is on a page you've decided to block the user from seeing.

RVal's suggestion is by far the best - have one table on an editable page and include it in the other.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events