How can I create calendar that everyone from different spaces can view ?

Valeria Ivanova January 5, 2022

Hello everyone, 

What can be an Architecture Strategy / or an appropriate way in Confluence to host a calendar that every "space" can view?

I see how I can add a calendar at a particular space level. For example, I created a calendar from a sidebar Calendar in Space A, and for it to display in Space B or Space C I have to go in and manually add it to those spaces. 

Sidebar menu> Calendar>click on Add Existing Calendar > from there search the calendar that I would like to add from a different Space. 

Is there is a different way of going about it? I would like to have a universal calendar that people can view and access from any space. 

Thank you very much,

Valeria 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2022

@Valeria Ivanova 

Unfortunately if you would like to add that calendar to every space you will have to add it the way you are currently adding it.  There is not a global way to add it to every space.

Valeria Ivanova January 10, 2022

Thank you @Brant Schroeder !

Got it! I wish there was a universal/global calendar option:) 

Do you know, if I make an update in a calendar, will that update automatically reflect in all other spaces that the calendar is connected to?

Lets say if I created Calendar in Space A and then connected it to space B and C. Can I make changes to the calendar from any space now and it will update it in all 3 spaces, or do I always have to make updates from space A?

Thank you very much for your help!

Valeria 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2022

Since you are just adding the same calendar to other spaces the changes made to that calendar will reflect wherever it is shared.

Like Valeria Ivanova likes this
Valeria Ivanova January 10, 2022

Thank you @Brant Schroeder for your help ! :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events