• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I control the versioning number of an uploaded document

I need to be able to control it.

Format of X.Y.Z 

I want to be able to increase the either X or Y numbering when I choose to.

I dont care if confluence will auto increment the Z number.

is it possible ? thanks

Thank you

Ilan

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

There is no way to do this in Confluence, it's a wiki, not a document storage solution, and as such, the product owners don't see it as needing any clever versioning schemes.

yes, saw this statement before. pity. I dont see benefit here from writing & using it as wiki

specifically when i already have lots of R&D docs already written in MS word

too bad, I liked the idea to have my code & docs connected & being able to extract & emphasis specific parts in the docs. I would guess that there is a business prospect here

pity that they dont see it as i am

anyway thanks Nic

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi,

About having control over the versioning numbers, I thought you might want to have a look at this marketplace app for Confluence :

Scroll versions 

It might help, even though it is focused on versioning pages and not necessarily (?) attachments.

Hi ar_nx

yes, know this. it is uncomplete & break the law of "not to allow duplicate counting"

& even if i ignore that, less useful if i dont have the ability to work in a natural way with 

external docs. but that related to another question I had.

thank you ar_nx

You're welcome.

@ilan_sweetch_com

You might want to check out our other app, Scroll Documents. It might provide the functionality you need. We've been working on a lot of new features to make it easier to work with documents in a compliance-heavy environment.

Like # people like this

Very interesting, thanks for sharing the tip!

I didn't know about Scroll Documents; a member of the Scroll "family" --may I say-- I was unaware of.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What do you think is the most *delightful* Confluence feature? Comment for a prize!

- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...

342 views 23 8
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you