How can I collaborate on a draft blog post?

Tim H_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Page Restrictions

Specifically, I want to be able to restrict a blog post while editing, then remove the restrictions when the blog post is ready to go. However, my concern is that readers will not get a notification for the new blog post if they aren't able to see the initial version of it. Is there a way to convert a draft blog post into a new, final blog post?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sarah Heimeier July 31, 2016

Hi Tim,

When you restrict your blog post while creating and editing it, once you change the restrictions on the blog post when you are finished drafting it (and publish the restriction changes), users will be notified of it being a new post. 

I hope this helps!

Sarah Brody Webb September 22, 2017

Hi Sarah,

I am trying this approach but unfortunately the watchers don't seem to receive a notification when I change the restrictions. Could it be because I changed them to view only, rather than removing restrictions altogether?

And on a related note, is there a way to have the blog post date be the published date, rather than the creation date? We collaborate on a post for a couple of days with restrictions and then would like the date to reflect the publish date. Is that possible?

Thanks for your help,

Sarah

0 votes
Manuela Schwendener February 22, 2018

@Tim H_Did you find a solution for this?

0 votes
Manuela Schwendener February 22, 2018

-

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events