How can I best structure my knowledge base on confluence?

Ishan Jayasuriya August 12, 2019

Over the years our confluence knowledge base has increased drastically and most of my team mates find it difficult to find certain pages. 

I have created a 'quick links' section by looking in to the view count of frequently visited pages. 

What other options do I have to improve the structure of my knowledge base so that people can access pages without taking too long?

One of the options I was thinking is to create a page similar to a sitemap.

Cheers!

Ishan

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Fietta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2019

Hi @Ishan Jayasuriya

If you are using the on-prem version, we also have an add-on to create and adjust the top navigation menus. This can help you to create a completely structured adjusted top navigation menu for each of your Confluence user groups.

Check it out: STAGIL Navigation for Confluence

Best,
Daniel
STAGIL

Ishan Jayasuriya August 20, 2019

Thanks @Daniel Fietta 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2019
Ishan Jayasuriya August 20, 2019

Thanks @Ollie Guan 

0 votes
Darshanaa _ServiceRocket_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 4, 2024

Hi @Ishan Jayasuriya ,

Have you tried Space Manager for Confluence?

It helps to give you a visual view of your entire space(s) and you're able to clearly see which document relates to what project. 

I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the app. Please feel free to leave any questions/feedback here. 

Thanks & have a great day! :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events