How can I add template message functionality based on page label?

Josh Crook
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 9, 2024

I'm looking for a way to add template message functionality to my Confluence instance. I want users to be able to easily "tag" pages to indicate problems or issues very similar to Wikipedia's system. Something like the include macro would work, but I would like the message to be automatically displayed on a page based on specific labels rather than by editing the actual page content.

Unfortunately searching for an addon for something like this appears to be basically impossible due to the crossover names with templates, tags, and labels.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2024

I don't know of any add-ons specifically that will do what you want. You could create a user macro that would conditionally show different text based on the page labels and then add that user macro to the base page layout decorator so that it would be included on every page, but that would require a bit of knowledge for how to create a user macro. A more built-in option  would be to just utilize page or inline comments.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events