How best to import spaces from 3.0.1 to 3.4.6?

John Cottier November 13, 2011

Hi,

I am required to import spaces from Confluence v3.0.1 to 3.4.6, have followed the upgrade procedures (upgrade 3.0.1 to 3.4.6 and attempt to export spaces), plus the workaround (renumber version within the exportDescriptor.properties file) but cannot get the content exported from 3.0.1 to be visible in 3.4.6

Please confirm the best method of acheiving this.

Many thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
John Cottier November 13, 2011

Thanks Gregory,

I have previously tried the export pages and spaces to XML (creates zip archive) from 3.0.1, then tried the restore into 3.4.6, but I just get the version difference alert and the restore goes no further.

Could you give some more information as to how you got the export from 3.0.2 to import into 3.4.6 please?

Thanks.

0 votes
Gregory Sudderth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2011

How funny you mention these two exact numbers.

We exported the entire wiki in XML format, from 3.0.2, and then upgraded to 3.4.6, and imported it.

We had no luck with per-space exports, as those seemed to be locked into the exact version. We had a space export from a subcontractor that was using 3.4.6 when they made it, hence the specific version.

Since then, our wiki has grown such that XML export for the whole thing no longer works. We have since upgraded to 3.5.13 in test and are about to do that for production.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events