How a permanent URL can be attached to a page in case it is moved?

Mubashra Yaqoob
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 7, 2018

So a lot of times we change the location of a page from one sub-space to another or sometimes the name of the page is changed too. How can I make sure that the URL of the page remains same even if it is moved?

We have a practice of sharing the link of the page on emails and recently, we have started to share the path to the page in case the link is changed. But the problem remains the same. 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Lava Kumar Dukanam {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2018

Hi @Mubashra Yaqoob,

You can have different types of links for a Confluence page. Most commonly used are 

• pretty
  • pageId
  • tinylink

pretty link uses page-title in the URL, which is often used to give quick info or a description about what the link presents without having to navigate to the link

A URL with PageId remains the same even when the page is renamed. so this type of links suits your case well.

and a tinylink is a shortened form of the URL that is generated with pageId. You can even use this format.

you can find more information here

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/the-differences-between-various-url-formats-for-a-confluence-page-278692715.html

Thanks,

Lava

Mubashra Yaqoob
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 8, 2018

Thanks a lot. It really helped.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events