Hi, I just want to know is there any way to communicate multiple space users when they don't have access to each other's spaces.

Shikher Kumar June 2, 2015

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2015

What do you want from this "communication"?  Would it be worth granting read access to most/all of your spaces for all users?

Shikher Kumar June 3, 2015

Yes @Nic Brough [Adaptavist]

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2015

Is there actually any more question here? Or does "read access for all" solve the problem?

Shikher Kumar June 4, 2015

Yes read access to all and any task assigned to any user should be able to view? If I am not wrong, I think we can go in permission tab and create a group for all the users and and give permission to access it ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 4, 2015

Yes, although it would be better to use a role, and put the group into that (i.e. have a role like "viewer" defined globally, put the rule "Browse = role (viewer)" into the permission scheme, and then put your users and/or groups into the role of viewer in that project. That lets you have more control over each project using that permission scheme.

Shikher Kumar June 10, 2015

Hi @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] could you please elaborate more on this, however, I tried using "role" but it is very unclear how to put rule "Browse = role (viewer)" into the permission scheme ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2015

I'm really really sorry, I've messed up. Confluence doesn't have roles. When you started talking about tasks, my brain went wrong and slipped into JIRA thinking, and my last comment is completely wrong. I'm afraid you'll need to go through all of your spaces and make sure that there is a group granted "view" permissions for every one. Might be easiest to just use "confluence users" if you want everyone one to see everything.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events