Help with password

John Borth October 3, 2019

I cannot login to Confluence nor does any contact me to resolve this issue.  How do I get help with my password to Confluence?

2 answers

1 vote
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2019

Hi @John Borth ,

Your site admin should be able to send you a password reset prompt (Administration, Users, Select "Show Details for your user ID, then click the eclipses in the top right and select "Prompt for password reset.)

If you are the site admin then you will need to contact Atlassian Support at https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Hope this helps, 

-Scott

John Borth October 4, 2019

I have done all that you have said so far to no avail. The link provided will not connect. That is why I came to the community for help. No administrator responds when I ask for support. I have not been able to find a phone number to talk to a live person. What is the next step?

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2019

Unfortunately, Atlassian Support does not have a phone number, contact is initiated by the online portal at support.atlassian.com. You'll want to use the "May Account" option from the drop down.  

I'll see if I can get in touch with someone to give you a hand. 

-Scott

Like Monique vdB likes this
0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 4, 2019

Hi John,

Allow me to step in to clarify how this issue must be resolved.

Since you're running a server product you'll need to work with your local administrator to unlock or reset your user account to gain access. 

Since Atlassian won't have access nor administrator writes on your self hosted Confluence 6.15.8 instance, you will have to work with on your local resources to have your matter resolved. 

If you are an admin and your account is locked out and that needs to be reset, please see Restore Passwords To Recover Admin User Rights.

Regards,
Angélica

John Borth October 4, 2019

I guess that puts me back to where I started.  I have no idea who the administrator is and how to contact them.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 4, 2019

John, you need to check it internally because it’s a server instance, so we don’t have access to check who manages your account. 

We understand that you work at a large company, but you need to talk to your manager, someone from IT, or even HR that may know who can help you recover your password.

While not exactly what you're looking for, we hope this helps to guide you to find your instance administrator.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events