Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having userbase autowatch a certain space/page/blog

Chris Kraus November 17, 2015

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Watch Pages, Spaces and Blogs

We have a space/page/blog that we would want all of our users to autowatch as soon as they join the system Is this possible and if so - how? In addition, how can we easily get all existing users to watch the page/space/blog?

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2015

Since you are running Confluence Cloud, this sort of thing is a little more difficult.  First of all, Confluence Cloud now allows you to impersonate a user, so if there are not that many people in your organization you could go one by one and add the watches by acting as their user account.

As far as autowatches (for new users) go, I can think of a possible solution, it's just that it doesn't exist yet.  You would have to create a Connect Add-on that would call the JSON-RPC API in order to add a space/page/blog watch, and then you could add it to your home page (or to the new dashboard, which is now customizable since yesterday).  Then, whenever a user visited that page, they would automatically be added as a watcher to whichever space/page/blog that you desire.  This would also take care of having to impersonate users, since all they would have to do is visit the landing page of your Confluence instance and they would be automatically added.

Perhaps there is some feature I am not aware of, but as far as I know that would be one way that it would be possible.  Maybe if I get a chance I will write something.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events