Has anyone notice their Confluence space getting slower the more content that is added?

John Lord March 28, 2024

I am starting to consolidate our Confluence spaces and I am noticing pages are getting slower to load. Does confluence have a limit on content that should be created?

2 answers

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2024

Hi @John Lord 

I don't know what the limits are (or if there are any) - but I've noticed some slowness on pages that have...

• Large numbers of issue macros, or large results from them
  • Very large tables
  • Large numbers of macros running simultaneously

---

This is to be expected with a SaaS product though - to ensure performance across the wider stack.

What's on your page(s) which are running slower?

Ste

John Lord April 1, 2024
  1. We have a few pages that have a lot of macros and large tables. That actually makes a lot of sense. We are building a Knowledge Base space and we curated our FAQ's in table format. There is some slowness from going from one page to the next even if its not pages with macros and tables.
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2024

Hi @John Lord 

I would try to space out some of the information across multiple pages, if certain pages are very large, and see if it improves performance.

You could also contact Atlassian Support; and let them take a look just to ensure everything is running efficiently?

Ste

0 votes
Shawn Doyle - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 28, 2024

I haven't noticed any new slowness.  However Confluence Cloud being a SaaS product, our instances are not isolated to our usage.  Your experience depends on the overall load on the cloud instances/region/servers that are hosting Confluence Cloud at the time.  

When optimizing pages, dynamic content is often a big culprit on sluginess, also look at what addons you have and what they may be doing.

As far as a content limit, I'm not aware of a hard limit, just best practices.  I like to follow the same best practices as when designing a webpage, you want to keep it as simple as possible to increase the page load times. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events