It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Has anyone gotten en-US or other two-level language browser settings to work?

Jonathan Simonoff Oct 05, 2012

I've been trying to get Confluence to obey the browser US English setting to work. In some cases, the browser is obeyed -- such as if I change my language to French. It occurs to me that perhaps the problem is that Confluence only pays attention to the first part (en) of the language code, and ignors the "US" part. Does the browser setting alone (with the user's language setting in Confluence set to obey the browser setting) work for such seconday language settings for anyone? (That would be valuable info for me, because if it does work in other situations, then the problem may be in the way that the US language pack specifies the language code.)

FYI, if I change my user setting within Confluence explicitly to US English, the language pack does work.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jonathan Simonoff Oct 05, 2012

It isn't clear if this applies to all two-level codes (such as Canadian French), but at least for US English it is a known bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-23220#comment-350883.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

6 Awesome Ways to Apply Trello, JIRA and Confluence to your Project

I attended  Atlassian Summit 2019  and learned a lot from the presenters, attendees and knowledgeable Atlassian product managers. The presentations I attended focused on applying Agile, pla...

2,502 views 11 28
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you