HELP: Missing/converted draft pages

Michael Spears August 26, 2022

Hi everyone,

I spent quite a bit of time building out a Confluence page that had 8 (draft) sections/pages. Prior to publishing, I shared with my team to review and had checked that everything was in working order.

Got a message that two of my drafts pages had disappeared and team members couldn't see them.

The only place in the system I can see these two missing pages mentioned is the "worked on" tab -- when I click on both, i'm routed to the home/landing page and not to the actual draft page. 

The names of those draft pages don't show up in the drafts section to the left but in their place, are two draft pages that share the same title as the main heading on my home/landing page. When I click on them, I can see the custom image headers that I created for each of those missing draft pages but the content on the page is a mirrored version of my landing page. 

Given the auto-save feature, I was confident throughout the editing process, which took a week, that I would always have a safe backup to go to (would've saved my content elsewhere had I known pages I spent hours drafting could disappear in this fashion with no recourse). 

Spoke with a Confluence administrator on my team who tried to troubleshoot but was not able to locate the missing draft pages that I personally never deleted. My other team members said they too had not deleted anything. 

Because I never published the page prior to sharing, I apparently have no official version to go back to. 

Any troubleshooting help/guidance would be much appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2022

Hi @Michael Spears 

This might be the situation if you have not unpublished the pages.

You might have shared the draft version of page with anyone and they have unpublished the page. That's why you have got the notification saying it was unpublished

Either they have published the page which will reflect in the page when you navigate or they might unpublished the page.

Checking the version of page is also good, you might get published version in previous version of any other person has published different version of page and not including your content

Let me know if this helps

Thanks,

Pramodh

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events