Groups that can see my space

matthiaskailabch February 13, 2019

Hi,

When I create a new space, I want a field where I can choose which groups can see that space. Is that possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mihai Schwarz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2019

Hi @matthiaskailabch - you can only change the space permissions after you create the space. By default the groups that are added automatically have access groups from Confluence e.g confluence-users.

Just create the space, go to permissions remove everyone except yourself and then you can add other users.

Hey Mihai Schwarz,

Thanks for your answer. Okay, nice to know, can I change the default groups that are automatically added?

Mihai Schwarz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2019

@matthiaskailabch- here you can find all the information about the groups: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-groups-139478.html

Thank you very much!

Like Mihai Schwarz likes this
0 votes
Jakub Hanak
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 13, 2019

Hello @matthiaskailabch,

the visibility of the new space is matter of perrmission, so you can set who can see the content there. 

Best regards,

Jakub 

Hello Jakub Hanak,

Thanks for your answer. Yes, I know that I can set the permissions, but I want to make these settings before creating or rather while creating.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events