Google Drive Connector - Link-button to Google Drive disappeared

Hi,

We are currently not able to directly access documents for editing in Google Drive from Confluence. There used to be a button that appeared in the top right corner that allowed us to open a new tab with the relevant Google Doc or Spreadsheet. Now, this button has simply disappeared. 

Re-installing the add-on or deleting and connecting files with confluence didn't help.

Thanks for your help!

Anian

1 answer

0 vote
Ann Worley Atlassian Team Jun 13, 2017

I found several add-ons for connecting Confluence Cloud with Google Drive. Please let me know which one you are using so I can try to reproduce the issue on my Cloud test instance.

Dear Ann,

Sorry for not being more specific - it is the Google Drive Connector by draw.io

Thanks for your help!

Thanks, I installed it. Is the pop-out button indicated by the pink arrow the button that is missing on your instance?

GoogleDocPop-out.png

Please let me know if you have tried multiple browsers. I tried Safari and Chrome and the button was there in both.

Hi Ann,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Exactly this button is what is currently missing. I usually use Chrome, so is this where the error occurred first place. I tested now Firefox as well and exactly same error occurs.

Best,

Anian

Thanks - that pretty much eliminates browser plugins as the issue.

I am afraid the next step is to open a ticket with Atlassian Cloud support at https://getsupport.atlassian.com.

Please let them know which plugin, what has been tried so far, and if possible, attach a screenshot of the missing button. 

Hi Ann, 

Will do. Once again thanks for your help.

Anian

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

867 views 23 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you