Gliffy plugin won't install in Confluence

David Rosenfeld August 2, 2018

I am trying to install the Gliffy plugin and getting an error.

I downloaded gliffy-confluence-plugin-8.1.0.obr from the marketplace, and am uploading it through the browser interface.  I get the "Installing gliffy-confluence-plugin-8.1.0.obr ..." dialog, and after a while, I get a message on the page underneath the dialog: "An unexpected error occurred.  Refer to the logs for m...." (the rest of the message is obscured by the dialog).

My database is MySQL 5.5.52, and my Confluence app is at 6.10.1.  This problem existed while the app was still at version 6.7.0; I was hoping the upgrade might help, but it has not.

My max_allowed_packet value in MySQL is currently set to 512M.  It was originally set to 256M, and I increased it to 512M to see if that would resolve the issue.  It has not.

I have checked the logs under /opt/atlassian/confluence/logs and /var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/logs, and did not find anything helpful.

Both the application and the server are running in AWS on Amazon Linux.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 answers

0 votes
Armin_Orthmann January 5, 2019

Hi together,

was this problem solved? If yes: How?

I have the same or a similar problem. I am not able to update the Gliffy plug in my uploading a newer version (my Confluence Server is not connected to the internet, so I have to do the updates manually).

I have the same error message and the logs do not contain any information.

What to do?

I am running Confluence 6.4.2 as a service on an Windows 2012 Server and I want to update all add-ons before upgrading Confluence to the current version 6.13. Updating all other plugins worked without problems. Just Gliffy is making problems...

Thnx in advance

Armin

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 3, 2018

Hi David,

I am assuming your server is not connected to the internet and that is why you are not installing Gliffy via Confluence Admin>Find new add-ons. Is that correct?

Since you are running Linux, please reproduce the error while tailing the log, using a command like:

tail -f /var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/logs/atlassian-confluence.log

I suspect that your session is timing out before the .obr can be uploaded or the proxy is not set up to allow such a large file upload. We will know more when we find out what is being logged when the upload fails.

Please note that MySQL 5.5.x is not a supported platform for Confluence 6.7 or Confluence 6.10.x: Supported platforms. However, unless the logs indicate a database error I would not attribute this issue to the unsupported database. I just wanted to put the MySQL upgrade on your radar if possible. 

Thanks,

Ann

David Rosenfeld August 4, 2018

Ann,

Thank you for your response.  The server actually is connected to the internet; when I purchased the plugin, it downloaded the OBR file to my laptop, so I assumed that uploading it through the browser was the proper way to go about installing the plugin.  There may be something in the AWS security settings that is preventing the Confluence server from reaching the marketplace; I will have to investigate that further.

I reproduced the error while tailing atlassian-confluence.log.  Only one line was written to the log file between the time I started the install and the time the error message appeared in the browser:

2018-08-04 22:34:26,045 WARN [Caesium-1-4] [impl.schedule.caesium.JobRunnerWrapper] runJob Scheduled job LaasPerformanceLoggingJob#LaasPerformanceLoggingJob completed unsuccessfully with response JobRunnerResponse[runOutcome=ABORTED,message='LaaS performance logging is turned off']

I had seen that message before, and I did not think it was related, but I could be wrong about that.

Thanks,
David

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events