Getting more than 3-4 similiar notifications?

Tejvir Singh August 14, 2018

Hello, 

I am getting more than 3-4 similar notifications from confluence if I share a page or if any edit is made on the page I am watching. What could be the reason that I get more than 1 exact same notification? 

1 answer

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2018

Hi, Tejvir.

A common cause to the multiple notifications could be related to the usage of Microsoft Exchange Server according to the following KBs:

If that is not the case, let us troubleshoot this further by referring to the Diagnosis section in the Mail Troubleshooting KB and provide the output when the issue is reproduced.

Additionally, can you please provide us with the clarification to the following questions?

• Which version of Confluence are you running on?
  • Is this happening to your account specifically or other users too?
  • Was the notification working properly previously? 
  • If yes, was there any changes done to the mail server prior to the behavior?
  • Are the notifications sent at the same time or is there a specific gap between them?

Looking forward to hear from you again soon.

Tejvir Singh August 17, 2018

Hello Ahmad, 

1. 6.4.2 is the confluence version 

2. It is happening to other users too. 

3. Yes.

4. I am not sure if any changes have been done to the mail server prior to the behavior. I'll look into it. 

5. There is like a 1 minute - 3 minutes of gap between the notifications. But the number of notifications are random for other users. Some of them are getting 20 notifications some time. 

In the meantime i'll check if the problem lies in the mail server. 

Thanks

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 19, 2018

Hello, Tejvir.

Since it is happening to other users on a random basis, please let me know how the mail server diagnosis process goes. It will be interesting to know what the root cause to this issue is. Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events