Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting macros have disappeared

Ian Bailey January 14, 2020

On most of the pages I've set up in Confluence Cloud (free version) I've used formatting macros, such as the Div macro.

When I now try and edit these macros I get the following error message:

"No Macro Data

There is no metadata configured for this macro which means no configuration screen can be presented here.

If this is a user macro then you can add metadata to the template using the User Macro Administration console."

Clicking on that link takes you to a Page not found page.

I notice that in trying to create a new macro, most of the formatting macros have now disappeared, which I assume is what is causing my problem. Why is this and are they returning any time soon? Anyone know?

2 answers

1 vote
Michal Karmazin January 15, 2020

Having the very same problem! Can't edit panel macro in two browsers, while my colleague can ! This happened during the day, in th emornin it was OK and after two hours I am not capable to do anything.

Jarryd Anderson January 15, 2020

I hope Atlassian has a solution for us because all my editing has been paused for 2 days.

Ian Bailey January 15, 2020

sorry you're both experiencing the same problem. it's becoming a big headache for me as well. we can't be the only ones seeing this problem, wonder when atlassian will notice/respond!

Michal Karmazin January 21, 2020

Wow, that is ridiculous! So in article form September 2019 they suggest using panel macro and then they remove it completely without possibility to edit current pages?

0 votes
Jarryd Anderson January 14, 2020

I'm having the exact same issue with the Div macro. I thought I was losing my mind!

The issue disappeared for about an hour, but has since returned. I've tried logging out and back in, clearing my cache, and switching browsers.

I'm using Confluence Cloud (paid version)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events