Formatting a list as a checklist

mike.howells May 14, 2012

I need to be able to format a list on a wiki page as a checklist.

I used to do this before 4.x by using the square style of list - text and defining some custom CSS that changed the list-style-image for ul.alternate:

/* show checkbox when - bullets are used (for checklists) */

div.wiki-content ul.alternate
{
  list-style-image: url(/download/attachments/57802802/checkbox.png);
}

Since 4.0 these lists no longer use a CSS class but have list-style-type: square hard-wired into the HTML.

Is there a way to change the format of a list in 4.x?

3 answers

0 votes
mike.howells May 15, 2012

Thanks but the above CSS will apply to all <ul> lists, whereas I only want to show a checklist when people use the square bullet style. They still need to be able to use round bullets normally.

0 votes
HuseinA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2012

You can do this by entering the following CSS code in your Custom HTML >> At beginning of the BODY. Custom HTML can be found in your Confluence Administration console:

&lt;style&gt;
div.wiki-content ul  
{  
  list-style-image: url(/images/logo/confluence_48_trans.png) !important;  
}
&lt;/style&gt;

HuseinA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2012

Sorry, that icon was just a quick test of mine. You can change the icon URL accordingly.

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 14, 2012

Sure, you still can use CSS, you just either have to edit Confluence's CSS directly or apply styles that override the defaults. To do the latter, go to the Site Admin section and click "Stylesheet" under Look and Feel.

Add any overrides you want, but just be sure to put "!important" before the semicolon. For example:

myCustomStyle {

list-style-image: url(/download/attachments/57802802/checkbox.png) !important;

}

You would then add your UL in an HTML macro on the Confluence page, and wrap it in a DIV tag that defines its class as myCustomStyle.

hth,

matt

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events