Find the right position with anker

Yvonne Kann March 4, 2019

Dear community,

on Page A I put an anker.

On page B I reference to that anker. The Syntax is correct.

I have many ankers on page A and many references on page B, referencing back to page A.

The subject, I face, is the follwoing:

Being on page B, clicking on an anker, brings me only near to the right Position on page  A. 

Most of the time it is 2 cm deeper/lower than the Position I require.

Do you have any idea?

Yvonne

1 answer

0 votes
Zak Laughton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2019

Hi Yvonne,

Links to the anchor should bring you to that point in the page, but may be different depending on how the anchor is placed and if there are any custom CSS rules.

To get a better idea, could you send the following screenshots?

• Screenshot of the anchor placed on the edit page.
  • Screenshot of the page after following a link to that anchor

Thanks!
– Zak

Yvonne Kann March 6, 2019

thank you Zak for your Response. It Looks like this:

I Show you the anker 9 and 10. (small Picture)

Referencering back from the other page to the place brings me lower than expected (~2-3 cm).

That is the Problem.

Best regards

Yvonne

Ankerthema.JPGAnkerthema_2.JPG

Zak Laughton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2019

Interesting. It does seem strange that the link would post lower, and I don't see why it would from the screenshsot. Is it possible you could post a full screenshot of the browser (with any sensitive information removed)? It's possible there could be other elements on the page that impact where the anchor is linked.

Also, does this issue happen in more than one browser?

Yvonne Kann March 8, 2019

Dear Zak,

it is too much to remove all sensitive Information. The Content of each line is the same in each row. No differnence. I thank you for your help. It would be nice to have a solution and I am not willing to put effort in it. It is not really important for me here.

So, thank you very much for picking up my question and your help.

Please regard my issue as "solved".

Ciao,

Yvonne

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events