Failed to load batch.css after stuck thread

akrantz December 22, 2019

During installation of Confluence 7.2, the server hangs during the setup of the database schema and ends up with a stuck thread. Once the stuck thread recovers and I refresh the page, the batch.css file fails with a 500 error. If I go to the path of the batch.css file, the page says that the container was not started. There are two batch.css files that this happens on: one for the generic style and the other for the setup style.

The server I am running on has 4gb of ram and 3 cpu cores. I've attached the log for Confluence and the stacktrace on the batch.css file.

Confluence log

batch.css stacktrace

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
akrantz December 23, 2019

So it turns out that the problem was not with the amount of RAM or timeouts occurring during the setup. I was accessing the Confluence from behind Cloudflare which automatically caches pages, including the generated `batch.css` and `batch.js` files. By adding a page rule to bypass caching for the application, it fixed everything.

Thanks for trying to help with debugging @brbojorque 

0 votes
brbojorque
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2019

In the log it says it stuck, I would suggest to increase the memory allocation.

4GB RAM is a bit low, remember by default Confluence will use 2GB max and 1GB for synchrony.

--

akrantz December 22, 2019

Would it be possible to disable synchrony overall and run with 4gb of ram, or would I need to do some other tuning? I am only hosting this for 5 users, so I would like to be able to use as few resources as possible.

brbojorque
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2019

Hi @akrantz ,

Try to decrease the JVM from 2GB to 1GB and try to start it again.

And in your DB please make sure it can handle the DB schema creation.

Use postgresql and optimize the connection.

akrantz December 23, 2019

@brbojorque

I am currently using postgresql, but I'm not sure how to optimize the connect. Do you have any advice?

brbojorque
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 23, 2019

@akrantz 

Just redo the DB setup until the Postgres Db is completely done with the schema creation.

I'm sure your PSQL is fine.

Antonio Brown January 15, 2021

when i look it up it say page restricted

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events