Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to PDF with both Expanded and Collapsed Expand Macros

Jenn Knaus June 1, 2021

I have a single Confluence Page for capturing key project milestone info and bi-weekly notes with an external partner. For the weekly notes, I have used the Expand macro for each meeting date. I want to export the Page to a PDF weekly to then email to the partner, but I only want that week's notes to show.

If I collapse previous weeks' notes and Expand the current week, and then export to PDF - all weeks' notes are included. How can I only include the open week's notes in the PDF export?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 3, 2021

Hi Jenn,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to meet you. I found this feature request created several years ago, but we don't intend to include it in the foreseeable future.

• CONFCLOUD-38684 Feature Request: Option to NOT expand {expand} macros when printing page.

My suggestion would be to give each meeting a separate page organized under a parent page. Then, use another macro, like the Excerpt macro or the Include Page macro. You can share precisely the meeting page you need.

I hope that helps.

Take care,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events