Export to PDF Formatting Errors (No PDF Stylesheet Customizations)

Ryan Dungs February 6, 2019

I've experienced a few Export to PDF formatting errors. In one of the lines of text, the last word is cut off. In another instance, the word wrap isn't working. In the third instance, the page break isn't working as it should. I have no PDF Stylesheet customizations, other than the "noprint" macro. Any help would be appreciated.

Here, the page breaks right in the middle of the "Note" macro.

Page Break.png

Here, the word "anywhere" continues on the next line.

The word Anywhere continues on next line.png

Here, the word LOGIN gets cut off. It looks like the period is on the next line.

Word Cut Off.png

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2019

Hello there Ryan! Thanks for sharing with the Community.

The PDF page break issue can be dealt with by following this:

How to create a page break function in Confluence to control pagination in PDF exports

Now, the incorrectly applied word wrap is fixed with the steps shown here:

Words Break Unnecessarily when Wrapping in PDF Export

For the word LOGIN being cutoff I would like to ask some questions:

1. Is this happening with other words along the document?
  2. Is this text or an attached image?
  3. Was the PDF export performed by the built-in pdf export feature in Confluence?

Let us know!

Ryan Dungs February 13, 2019

Thanks for the response, Diego. The page break issue can be manually remedied by applying the Pagebreak macro, but is there a way to apply it automatically whenever/wherever it's needed? For example, in my original screenshot, the page breaks in the middle of the Note macro. Is there a way to apply the Pagebreak macro automatically in this case? An example condition would be: "if the page will break in the middle of the Note macro, then apply the Pagebreak macro before the Note macro".

The issue with the word LOGIN is fixed after I applied the word wrap CSS to the PDF Stylesheet

The issue with the word "anywhere" incorrectly wrapping is partially fixed. Now, the word wraps with a single space in front of it

Here is the original problem. (The single space was originally between the icon/image and the word):

single space between icon and _anywhere_.png

Now, the word wrapped, but it took the single space with it

Single space before _anywhere_.png

(Here is the line with the icon/image as it looks now, with "anywhere" on the next line:)

The word _anywhere_ wrapped to the next line.png

Is there a way for the space before the word "anywhere" to automatically remove itself?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events