Export a space from a 5.0 Site to cloud hosted site

mitchell balsam March 1, 2019

I have an old confluence wiki that's very infrequently used.  It was for an old company that is no longer active.

It's running on windows and is confluence build number 5.0-m3.  It's no longer under maintenance, 

But there is one space that users have been adding and updating pages to recently.

I would like to recommend to the owners that we export that space and then import it into a cloud-based account. 

What's the best way to do this?

Thanks!

Update:  I found this posting 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/import-a-confluence-space-724765531.html

Confluence Cloud accepts site and space imports from Confluence Server instances running version 5.10.x or later. If your instance is running an earlier version, you'll need to upgrade it before completing the site or space export.

Option 1. Upgrade a temporary site (recommended)

1. Make a full Confluence site backup (XML export) from your source Confluence site.
  2. Download the latest Confluence version.
  3. Install the new Confluence version into a temporary site.
  4. Import the full backup into the new temporary site.
  5. Continue to the following steps. From this point onwards, the 'source Confluence site' is your temporary site.

So, i did a full xml export and attempted to import that as a space in my new cloud-hosted site. 

As this is the same as "install then confluence version info a temporary site"?? 

The result was  this error: There was an error during import. Please see our guide to raising a bug report.

Your space export cannot be imported with this version of Confluence Cloud. Please see the information below for more help.

suggestions? 

1 answer

0 votes
mitchell balsam March 5, 2019

Got it working.. Just installed a new confluence server on another host and imported the database. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events