Expanding fields

Teresa May 9, 2023

Hi. I want to build a knowledge base with topics and subtopics. I want the first three subtopics to be displayed, and then a link "see all categories" showing all subtopics in that category. I cannot seem to figure out how to do this.

strawberry.png

I understand I can use the /expand shortcut, but then all my topics will be hidden (only "see all categories" will be displayed). And when mixing the two together the formatting won't match.

kiwi.png

Please advice!

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2023

Hi @B M welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You can just create the subtopics as separate pages and move them under the (main) topic in the page tree.

Then, either use a direct link on your main topic page to link to the subtopic page(s) or use the Children Display macro to show the child pages.

Teresa May 9, 2023

Thank you for answer. So it's not possible to get an overview of all the topics on the main page? I'll have to use the page tree in the left margin?

I understand that the subtopics will be separate pages, but I just want my first page to be an overview, with links to the subtopic pages, without to many clicks. I would like my first three subtopics on every main topic to be visible and then I want all the other subtopics to be visible/expand when I press the "see all categories"-link.

B

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2023

If you want the main and subtopic on a single page, then I suggest to use the anchor macro

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events