It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Excerpt Include macro - "Remove Surrounding Panel" setting not persisted

In the settings for the Excerpt Include macro, If I check the "Remove Surrounding Panel" checkbox and click the Save button, the setting is not persisted.  I can click the edit icon on the macro immediately after saving the settings and when the Edit 'Excerpt Include' Macro dialog opens, the checkbox is not still checked.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dominic Lagger Community Leader Feb 11, 2020

Hi @Joe Rattz 

I tested it and yes, I can confirm that this down't work.

A quick search and I found the bug in the jira backlog: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-68395

You can vote for this issue by clicking "This affects my team".

This issue is in the long term backlog, so don't expect the fix soon.

Regards,

Dominic

The bug was logged in november but I found a reference to the problem from 3 months earlier.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/quot-Remove-Surrounding-Panel-quot-does-not-work/qaq-p/1149989

Just discovered if I check that checkbox on the macro creation that it seems to work.

Thanks!!! This saved my life.

Since bugs take so long to fix, Atlassian should think of way to automatically notify users of known bugs of the feature that they're trying to use.

Come to think of it: if you manage to build a generic system to do that, you could build a business around it :)

Like Jon R likes this
0 votes

Just checking the check-box on an already created excerpt include did not work for me. I had to delete my original excerpt include, recreate it, check the checkbox, insert.  Then it worked.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

Lessons and Learnings: Six Months of Working Remote [Discussion]

Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...

3,139 views 4 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you