Excerpt Include macro - "Remove Surrounding Panel" setting not persisted

Joe Rattz February 11, 2020

In the settings for the Excerpt Include macro, If I check the "Remove Surrounding Panel" checkbox and click the Save button, the setting is not persisted.  I can click the edit icon on the macro immediately after saving the settings and when the Edit 'Excerpt Include' Macro dialog opens, the checkbox is not still checked.

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2020

Hi @Joe Rattz 

I tested it and yes, I can confirm that this down't work.

A quick search and I found the bug in the jira backlog: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-68395

You can vote for this issue by clicking "This affects my team".

This issue is in the long term backlog, so don't expect the fix soon.

Regards,

Dominic

Pascal February 23, 2020

The bug was logged in november but I found a reference to the problem from 3 months earlier.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/quot-Remove-Surrounding-Panel-quot-does-not-work/qaq-p/1149989

7 votes
Joe Rattz February 11, 2020

Just discovered if I check that checkbox on the macro creation that it seems to work.

Torsten Mohrin February 18, 2020

Thanks!!! This saved my life.

Like # people like this
Pascal February 23, 2020

Since bugs take so long to fix, Atlassian should think of way to automatically notify users of known bugs of the feature that they're trying to use.

Come to think of it: if you manage to build a generic system to do that, you could build a business around it :)

Like Jon R likes this
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 17, 2020

Thank you for sharing this!

Lori Hyrup November 30, 2020

Thanks. This got me to where I needed to be.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2021

This workaround still applies as of March 2021. 😅

Targo Holsting April 9, 2021

Also in April 2021

0 votes
peter_bettens April 30, 2021

To repeat the workaround:

1. Delete the Excerpt Include macro.
  2. Enter it again and tick the checkbox during creation.

0 votes
Anne_Smith June 14, 2020

Just checking the check-box on an already created excerpt include did not work for me. I had to delete my original excerpt include, recreate it, check the checkbox, insert.  Then it worked.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events